Rampage 2017 | #ProjectGnar

Monday, July 31, 2017

Rampage 2017 | #ProjectGnar


It's one of my must-go-to annual conventions and this year was a no-cosplay-day for me. I did few commissions for friends this year, so this is more of like a crafting post. :)


My team [Chocolate Crafters] received quite a number of projects for Rampage, and this is one of our peak season conventions.


The project I was able to worked at was#ProjectGnar. I made this project in collaboration with one of my fellow crafter, Jemimah. She worked with the skull and bones part, and I worked with the fur and fabric parts.


Rampage 2017 | Gnar Splash Art


I had designed a few gijinkas for myself but this is the first time I'm creating a gijinka for somebody else. The design I drew with consideration of the client's preference.


Rampage 2017 | #ProjectGnar Rampage 2017 | #ProjectGnar


There are 6 pieces for this project: (1)ears, (2)halter top, (3)skirt, (4)arm warmers, (5)leg warmers and (6)the tail.


First piece I made was the ears. I had to experiment on dying the orange fur blue (the pentel pen + alcohol mix) but it turned brown instead. I tried to change the mix but it turned black. So I just dyed white fur and stitched it at the end part.


Rampage 2017 | #ProjectGnar Rampage 2017 | #ProjectGnar


The base I used for the ears is a metal headband and then formed the shape of the ears with wires. I just slipped the fur parts in and sew it shut to the headband base.


Rampage 2017 | #ProjectGnar
Rampage 2017 | #ProjectGnar


The same dying technique I used for the tail. Stuffed it fiber fillings and put a garter strip at the end to slip in a belt to hold it in place.


Rampage 2017 | #ProjectGnar Rampage 2017 | #ProjectGnar


For the top and skirt, I used a 4-way stretch fabric. The halter top I traced with a piece I had in my closet and made it laced so the cleavage can be adjusted by the client.


Rampage 2017 | #ProjectGnar Rampage 2017 | #ProjectGnar


The arm and leg warmers are always the easiest ones to make. I used a different type of fur for these and lined them with peach twill. Sew in garter on one side and then its done!


Rampage 2017 | #ProjectGnar
Rampage 2017 | #ProjectGnar


And here's the full set!


Rampage 2017 | #ProjectGnar


I didn't had photos of the client wearing the fullset though. :( But apart from this set, I also made a Bunny Riven set and Xayah Ears!


Rampage 2017 | Bunny Riven Rampage 2017 | Xayah


And here's another project that our team made for this year's Rampage ~ Dark Lux! Worn by our ever so loyal client, Eru-Chi.


Rampage 2017 | Eru-Chi as Dark Lux Rampage 2017 | Eru-Chi as Dark Lux


At the event, it's fully packed both inside and outside! And as always, cosplayers are at their best! Since this is a gaming community event, cosplayers are lookng even better and better as the champ skins!


Rampage 2017 | #GGWPRAMPAGE2017 Rampage 2017 | #GGWPRAMPAGE2017 Rampage 2017 | #GGWPRAMPAGE2017 Rampage 2017 | #GGWPRAMPAGE2017 Rampage 2017 | #GGWPRAMPAGE2017


And here are photos with friends! Yey!


Rampage 2017 | #GGWPRAMPAGE2017


Thanks for reading all the way through!


More photos here:


Quick Links here:

Rampage 2017 | #GGWPRAMPAGE2017


**The photos used at this post are taken with my Sony Xperia Z2. Applications used: Adobe Photoshop.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Find Me at Tumblr

Myka Customs Itadakimasu!!! IntoTheLyrics SAOQuotesOnline Excerptions

Come Check My Art